So this past Friday, my student and I finished learning another part of the main riff to Seek and Destroy by Metallica. It went pretty good, we tuned up, which is normal. We then went over the riff from last week, to make sure she had remembered it. Everything was good there, then we took our first step to learning the new part.
I still haven’t quite figured out how she’s so out of tune when we start jamming. It might just be from her transporting her guitar. She still doesn’t have a case or a gig bag yet.
She did good. It’s so fun and exciting to see a student start to pick up something that they feel is complex and get excited themselves. Lessons are starting to get increasingly more productive. Once she get’s some songs down and is a little more confident, which will take some time, I’m going to start bringing her around with my band and getting her some live jam session time in.